To celebrate the Blu-ray release of Wes Craven’s Swamp Thing, we have a copy of the film to give away to one lucky winner! For your chance to get your hands on it, answer the question at the bottom of the page.
Long before superhero movies were packing out multiplex cinemas, Freddy Krueger creator Wes Craven followed-up the success of Richard Donner’s Superman with this fondly remembered DC adaptation that brings a comic book favourite to life!
Following the success of The Hills Have Eyes, Swamp Thing shows Craven adapting his style from less rough ‘n’ ready thrills and spills— and the result is an adventure thriller featuring a mutant-monster with good intentions, and a supporting cast of fan-favourites including Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog, Escape From New York), Ray Wise (Twin Peaks, Robocop) and David Hess (The Last House On The Left) in one of his best-remembered villainous turns.
Released in 1982 to an appreciative cult following, Swamp Thing remains one of Craven’s most mesmerising achievements— with a faithful DC-comic look and action-packed special effects. 88 Films is delighted to present Swamp Thing in a very special edition Blu-ray release that packs a pristine punch and highlights this creature feature classic in all of its bayou-tinged brilliance.
Special features included with the Blu-ray:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and standard definition DVD presentations
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Audio commentary by director Wes Craven, moderated by Sean Clark
- ‘Swamp Screen: Designing DC’s Main Monster’ — an interview with Production designer Robb Wilson King
- ‘From Krug to Comics: How the Mainstream Shaped a Radical Genre Voice’ — interview with critic Kim Newman
- Original theatrical trailer
- Picture booklet
For your chance to win, answer the following question:
Wes Craven’s #SwampThing is out on special edition Dual Format (Blu-ray & DVD) now from @88_Films!